Former Arunachal minister indicted for embezzling public funds
Itanagar: Former Arunachal Pradesh horticulture minister Tsering Gyurme has been indicted by the Special Investigation Cell (Vigilance) of the state police for siphoning off public money to the tune of Rs 2.36 crore.
The SIC in a report accused Gyurme of having embezzled the amount between 2004 and 2006 meant for implementation of a project of the Centre of Excellence at Dirang in West Kameng district under the Technology Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture.
The SIC submitted its report to the Additional District and Sessions Judge-cum-Special Judge Yupia.
According to findings of the SIC team, the project never materialised at Dirang and the money meant for the purpose was siphoned off by the then Horticulture Minister Tsering Gyurme in connivance with officials of the department.
Acting on a complaint of irregularity in the execution of the project, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India in 2008 had ordered a `special audit`.
Accordingly, the state Accountant General constituted a special audit team to verify the performance/execution of field work by the Horticulture Department in six of the 16 districts in which West Kameng also figured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case