Former militants arrested in Jorhat
Jorhat: Two surrendered ULFA (SULFA) militants were arrested for allegedly threatening two tea planters at gunpoint in Jorhat district Wednesday, police said.
Ramesh Dutta alias Dhon Dutta and Monaj Somani were held for holding threat to kill tea planters Anup Barooah and Anuj Barooah, both shareholders of Lakhibari tea estate under Teok Revenue Circle here.
They were produced before the chief judicial magistrate who sent them to judicial custody.
Dutta was wanted by police in several cases including forgery in property matters.
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day