Four houses burnt in Chirang
Kokrajhar (Assam): After a few days of calm in the strife-torn areas of lower Assam, four houses were burnt down by miscreants at Dhaligaon in affected Chirang district on Wednesday.
The houses were burnt down at around 5 pm at Bangtol area, a senior district police officer said.
However, there was no report of any injury to any person.
Police and BSF personnel have been rushed to the spot and the situation is being closely monitored, the officer said.
Night curfew continues in affected Chirang, Kokrajhar and Dhubri districts.
Earlier in the day Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said steps have been taken to facilitate the return of the displaced people to their homes by August 15 and the government transferred Kokrajhar superintendent of police Jitmol Doley.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs