Four houses burnt in Chirang
Kokrajhar (Assam): After a few days of calm in the strife-torn areas of lower Assam, four houses were burnt down by miscreants at Dhaligaon in affected Chirang district on Wednesday.
The houses were burnt down at around 5 pm at Bangtol area, a senior district police officer said.
However, there was no report of any injury to any person.
Police and BSF personnel have been rushed to the spot and the situation is being closely monitored, the officer said.
Night curfew continues in affected Chirang, Kokrajhar and Dhubri districts.
Earlier in the day Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said steps have been taken to facilitate the return of the displaced people to their homes by August 15 and the government transferred Kokrajhar superintendent of police Jitmol Doley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed