Four killed, 20 injured in clash over land dispute
Karimganj (Assam): Four persons were killed and 20 injured during a clash between two groups over a plot of land in south Assam`s Barak Valley on Wednesday.
Police said the dispute over the plot had been going on for over five years and the two groups used swords and other sharp weapons during the clash, which took place at Matijuri area of Hailakandi district.
The dead persons have been identified as Mizanur Rahman Chaudhary (65), Nazimuddin Chaudhary (30), Nazrul Haq Barbhuiyan (35) and Aziruddin Barbhuiyan (40).
Additional police forces have been deployed in the area and search is on for the culprits.
The situation in the area is tense but under control, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog