Four killed, 20 injured in clash over land dispute
Karimganj (Assam): Four persons were killed and 20 injured during a clash between two groups over a plot of land in south Assam`s Barak Valley on Wednesday.
Police said the dispute over the plot had been going on for over five years and the two groups used swords and other sharp weapons during the clash, which took place at Matijuri area of Hailakandi district.
The dead persons have been identified as Mizanur Rahman Chaudhary (65), Nazimuddin Chaudhary (30), Nazrul Haq Barbhuiyan (35) and Aziruddin Barbhuiyan (40).
Additional police forces have been deployed in the area and search is on for the culprits.
The situation in the area is tense but under control, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!