Four killed, 20 injured in clash over land dispute
Karimganj: Four persons were killed and 20 injured during a clash between two groups over a plot of land in south Assam`s Barak Valley Wednesday.
Police said the dispute over the plot had been going on for over five years and the two groups used swords and other sharp weapons during the clash, which took place at Matijuri area of Hailakandi district.
The dead persons have been identified as Mizanur Rahman Chaudhary (65), Nazimuddin Chaudhary (30), Nazrul Haq Barbhuiyan (35) and Aziruddin Barbhuiyan (40).
Additional police forces have been deployed in the area and search is on for the culprits.
The situation in the area is tense but under control, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing