Four killed, 20 injured in clash over land dispute
Karimganj: Four persons were killed and 20 injured during a clash between two groups over a plot of land in south Assam`s Barak Valley Wednesday.
Police said the dispute over the plot had been going on for over five years and the two groups used swords and other sharp weapons during the clash, which took place at Matijuri area of Hailakandi district.
The dead persons have been identified as Mizanur Rahman Chaudhary (65), Nazimuddin Chaudhary (30), Nazrul Haq Barbhuiyan (35) and Aziruddin Barbhuiyan (40).
Additional police forces have been deployed in the area and search is on for the culprits.
The situation in the area is tense but under control, the police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij