Four killed, 20 injured in clash over land dispute
Karimganj: Four persons were killed and 20 injured during a clash between two groups over a plot of land in south Assam`s Barak Valley Wednesday.
Police said the dispute over the plot had been going on for over five years and the two groups used swords and other sharp weapons during the clash, which took place at Matijuri area of Hailakandi district.
The dead persons have been identified as Mizanur Rahman Chaudhary (65), Nazimuddin Chaudhary (30), Nazrul Haq Barbhuiyan (35) and Aziruddin Barbhuiyan (40).
Additional police forces have been deployed in the area and search is on for the culprits.
The situation in the area is tense but under control, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike
- 3rd ODI: After contributing with bat, Ben Stokes eager to bowl against Pakistan
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk