Four NDFB(S) ultras arrested in Assam
Tezpur: Four militants of the anti-talk National Democratic Front of Bodoland (Songbijit) were arrested from a bus on the Bhumoraguri bridge over the river Brahmaputra in Sonitpur district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on specific information, police conducted search operation and the four militants were arrested when they were coming from Nagaland to Sonitpur in a long distance bus from the bridge, connecting Nagaon and Sonitpur districts, yesterday, Sonitpur Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parasar said.
The militants, all hailing from Sonitpur district, were coming to guide a batch of 20 new NDFB(S) cadres who were recruited from various places of Sonitpur and its nearby districts. The recruits, taking shelter in a bordering area of Nagaland, were to enter Assam with the help of the ultras, police said.
The ultras confessed before the police that they had completed their arms training in Myanmar six months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH