Four suspected ULFA extremists nabbed, arms seized
Dibrugarh: Four suspected ULFA militants were arrested on Thursday and arms were seized from them by a joint team of the Army and police in Dibrugarh district.
The militants were arrested from Gazpuria area under Maran police station while they were trying to enter Assam from Nagaland to create disturbances in the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls, Commanding Officer of 5th J-K Light Regiment Col Sukhveer Singh said.
One AK-81 rifle, one 7.65 mm pistol of US make, two magazines of AK-81 rifle, one magazine of 7.65 mm pistol, 44 rounds of AK-81 rifle and three rounds of 7.65 mm pistol, were seized, he said.
Also seized was a car, three mobile phones and Rs 1,200 cash from them, Singh said.
The militants were identified as Arun Chutia alias Junmoni Gogoi, Bitupun Baruah alias Rinku Baruah, Ramen Gogoi and Khulen Gogoi.
Chutia and Baruah claimed they joined ULFA in 2005 and surrendered in 2011, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital