Four suspected ULFA extremists nabbed, arms seized
Dibrugarh: Four suspected ULFA militants were arrested on Thursday and arms were seized from them by a joint team of the Army and police in Dibrugarh district.
The militants were arrested from Gazpuria area under Maran police station while they were trying to enter Assam from Nagaland to create disturbances in the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls, Commanding Officer of 5th J-K Light Regiment Col Sukhveer Singh said.
One AK-81 rifle, one 7.65 mm pistol of US make, two magazines of AK-81 rifle, one magazine of 7.65 mm pistol, 44 rounds of AK-81 rifle and three rounds of 7.65 mm pistol, were seized, he said.
Also seized was a car, three mobile phones and Rs 1,200 cash from them, Singh said.
The militants were identified as Arun Chutia alias Junmoni Gogoi, Bitupun Baruah alias Rinku Baruah, Ramen Gogoi and Khulen Gogoi.
Chutia and Baruah claimed they joined ULFA in 2005 and surrendered in 2011, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez