Fresh rains inundate several villages of Assam
Guwahati: Fresh rains inundated several villages in upper Assam as Dhemaji, Lakhmpur, Jorhat, Nagaon, Kamrup, Barpeta and Nagaon districts remained the worst affectedon Saturday, official sources said.
Although there was no report of loss of life, district administrations evacuated affected people to higher ground, the sources said.
Among the freshly inundated areas were Majuli, Jorhat, Dhemaji, Lakhimpur and Sibsagar, they said.
The state government announced measures to provide relief to the affected people and instructed the deputy commissioners of districts accordingly.
More than seven lakh people have been affected by the floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder