Fresh rains inundate several villages of Assam
Guwahati: Fresh rains inundated several villages in upper Assam as Dhemaji, Lakhmpur, Jorhat, Nagaon, Kamrup, Barpeta and Nagaon districts remained the worst affectedon Saturday, official sources said.
Although there was no report of loss of life, district administrations evacuated affected people to higher ground, the sources said.
Among the freshly inundated areas were Majuli, Jorhat, Dhemaji, Lakhimpur and Sibsagar, they said.
The state government announced measures to provide relief to the affected people and instructed the deputy commissioners of districts accordingly.
More than seven lakh people have been affected by the floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report