Fresh rains inundate several villages of Assam
Guwahati: Fresh rains inundated several villages in upper Assam as Dhemaji, Lakhmpur, Jorhat, Nagaon, Kamrup, Barpeta and Nagaon districts remained the worst affectedon Saturday, official sources said.
Although there was no report of loss of life, district administrations evacuated affected people to higher ground, the sources said.
Among the freshly inundated areas were Majuli, Jorhat, Dhemaji, Lakhimpur and Sibsagar, they said.
The state government announced measures to provide relief to the affected people and instructed the deputy commissioners of districts accordingly.
More than seven lakh people have been affected by the floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- EPFO likely to raise equity investment to 10%
- West Indies vs India: Statistical highlights — Records for Saha, pace pair Shami and Yadav
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4
- Televangelist Zakir Naik's aides make startling revelations, it will shock you -- Read
- Govt begins search for Bankruptcy Board chief