Fresh rains inundate several villages of Assam
Guwahati: Fresh rains inundated several villages in upper Assam as Dhemaji, Lakhmpur, Jorhat, Nagaon, Kamrup, Barpeta and Nagaon districts remained the worst affectedon Saturday, official sources said.
Although there was no report of loss of life, district administrations evacuated affected people to higher ground, the sources said.
Among the freshly inundated areas were Majuli, Jorhat, Dhemaji, Lakhimpur and Sibsagar, they said.
The state government announced measures to provide relief to the affected people and instructed the deputy commissioners of districts accordingly.
More than seven lakh people have been affected by the floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing