Fresh violence in Assam; 1 killed, 5 injured
Guwahati: One person was killed and five others injured in three separate incidents of violence in Assam`s strife-torn Kokrajhar district late Monday night, police said.
The first incident took place in Phumti Village under Salakati police outpost, but no casualty was reported from there.
In yet another incident, one person was killed and 4 others injured when miscreants opened fire in Pakritola village under Fakira gram, they said, adding that one more person was injured in the third incident that took place in Tupimari under Gossaigaon area of the district.
Miscreants opened fire and set some houses on fire before managing to escape after police reached the incident sites and fired at the miscreants, said LR Bishnoi, IGP, Assam (Law and Order).
Ever since violence erupted in the Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts and Dhubri since July 19, over 80 people have been killed, according to official figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB