Fresh violence in Assam; 1 killed, 5 injured
Guwahati: One person was killed and five others injured in three separate incidents of violence in Assam`s strife-torn Kokrajhar district late Monday night, police said.
The first incident took place in Phumti Village under Salakati police outpost, but no casualty was reported from there.
In yet another incident, one person was killed and 4 others injured when miscreants opened fire in Pakritola village under Fakira gram, they said, adding that one more person was injured in the third incident that took place in Tupimari under Gossaigaon area of the district.
Miscreants opened fire and set some houses on fire before managing to escape after police reached the incident sites and fired at the miscreants, said LR Bishnoi, IGP, Assam (Law and Order).
Ever since violence erupted in the Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts and Dhubri since July 19, over 80 people have been killed, according to official figures.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India