Fresh violence in Assam; 1 killed, 5 injured
Guwahati: One person was killed and five others injured in three separate incidents of violence in Assam`s strife-torn Kokrajhar district late Monday night, police said.
The first incident took place in Phumti Village under Salakati police outpost, but no casualty was reported from there.
In yet another incident, one person was killed and 4 others injured when miscreants opened fire in Pakritola village under Fakira gram, they said, adding that one more person was injured in the third incident that took place in Tupimari under Gossaigaon area of the district.
Miscreants opened fire and set some houses on fire before managing to escape after police reached the incident sites and fired at the miscreants, said LR Bishnoi, IGP, Assam (Law and Order).
Ever since violence erupted in the Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts and Dhubri since July 19, over 80 people have been killed, according to official figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth