‘Genuine Indian citizens will not be harassed’
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun
Gogoi on Friday asserted that no genuine Indian citizen will be
harassed on the pretext of detecting doubtful voters in the
Gogoi gave this assurance to a high-level delegation
of All India Jamiat and its state unit led by its president
Maulana Arshad Madani at a meeting here, official sources
He assured the delegation in unequivocal terms that
the government would not tolerate anyone harassing any genuine
citizens of this country on the ground of `D` voters and take
stern action against anyone found to be involved in such
The delegation also submitted a memorandum to Gogoi on
the issue of `D` voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack