GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara (Assam): A Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militant was killed in an encounter with security forces here on Sunday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of police and army personnel launched an operation in Nabang village under Krishnai police station of the district along the Assam- Meghalaya border, they said.
A group of militants opened fire on the security forces and an encounter followed in which an ultra was killed while the others managed to escape.
The security forces recovered a US carbine from the slain militant, sources said, adding that combing operations were on to nab the others who escaped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year