GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara (Assam): A Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militant was killed in an encounter with security forces here on Sunday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of police and army personnel launched an operation in Nabang village under Krishnai police station of the district along the Assam- Meghalaya border, they said.
A group of militants opened fire on the security forces and an encounter followed in which an ultra was killed while the others managed to escape.
The security forces recovered a US carbine from the slain militant, sources said, adding that combing operations were on to nab the others who escaped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar