GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara (Assam): A Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militant was killed in an encounter with security forces here on Sunday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of police and army personnel launched an operation in Nabang village under Krishnai police station of the district along the Assam- Meghalaya border, they said.
A group of militants opened fire on the security forces and an encounter followed in which an ultra was killed while the others managed to escape.
The security forces recovered a US carbine from the slain militant, sources said, adding that combing operations were on to nab the others who escaped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you