GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara (Assam): A Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militant was killed in an encounter with security forces here on Sunday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of police and army personnel launched an operation in Nabang village under Krishnai police station of the district along the Assam- Meghalaya border, they said.
A group of militants opened fire on the security forces and an encounter followed in which an ultra was killed while the others managed to escape.
The security forces recovered a US carbine from the slain militant, sources said, adding that combing operations were on to nab the others who escaped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore