GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara (Assam): A militant of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) was killed and another injured in an encounter with a joint team of Army and police in Goalpara district on Sunday, police said.
The two GNLA cadres, riding a bike, fired at the security when they were intercepted by the team on a road in Khashi Ghaghra. In the ensuing encounter, one GNLA militant Khowak Marak was killed and his associate Niksrang Sangma injured.
Sangma was admitted to the Guwahati Medical College.
A pistol and four bullets were recovered from the militants based in Meghalaya, police said.
The operation was conducted jointly by Assam Police and 19 Dogra Regiment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'