GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara (Assam): A militant of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) was killed and another injured in an encounter with a joint team of Army and police in Goalpara district on Sunday, police said.
The two GNLA cadres, riding a bike, fired at the security when they were intercepted by the team on a road in Khashi Ghaghra. In the ensuing encounter, one GNLA militant Khowak Marak was killed and his associate Niksrang Sangma injured.
Sangma was admitted to the Guwahati Medical College.
A pistol and four bullets were recovered from the militants based in Meghalaya, police said.
The operation was conducted jointly by Assam Police and 19 Dogra Regiment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued