GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara (Assam): A militant of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) was killed and another injured in an encounter with a joint team of Army and police in Goalpara district on Sunday, police said.
The two GNLA cadres, riding a bike, fired at the security when they were intercepted by the team on a road in Khashi Ghaghra. In the ensuing encounter, one GNLA militant Khowak Marak was killed and his associate Niksrang Sangma injured.
Sangma was admitted to the Guwahati Medical College.
A pistol and four bullets were recovered from the militants based in Meghalaya, police said.
The operation was conducted jointly by Assam Police and 19 Dogra Regiment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical