GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara (Assam): A militant of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) was killed and another injured in an encounter with a joint team of Army and police in Goalpara district on Sunday, police said.
The two GNLA cadres, riding a bike, fired at the security when they were intercepted by the team on a road in Khashi Ghaghra. In the ensuing encounter, one GNLA militant Khowak Marak was killed and his associate Niksrang Sangma injured.
Sangma was admitted to the Guwahati Medical College.
A pistol and four bullets were recovered from the militants based in Meghalaya, police said.
The operation was conducted jointly by Assam Police and 19 Dogra Regiment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional