GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara (Assam): A militant of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) was killed and another injured in an encounter with a joint team of Army and police in Goalpara district on Sunday, police said.
The two GNLA cadres, riding a bike, fired at the security when they were intercepted by the team on a road in Khashi Ghaghra. In the ensuing encounter, one GNLA militant Khowak Marak was killed and his associate Niksrang Sangma injured.
Sangma was admitted to the Guwahati Medical College.
A pistol and four bullets were recovered from the militants based in Meghalaya, police said.
The operation was conducted jointly by Assam Police and 19 Dogra Regiment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef