GNLA rebel killed in encounter in Assam
Goalpara: A GNLA insurgent was killed in an encounter during an army and police operation in Assam`s Goalpara district.
Three cadres of the Garo National Liberation Front from neighbouring Meghalaya on motorcycles were asked to stop by the security forces at Dokapara, under Lakhipur police station, last night, police sources said.
The GNLA cadres instead of stopping fired at the security forces who retaliated with one of the militants killed and the other two escaping, the sources said.
A 7.65-mm pistol with seven rounds of ammunition, two magazines and a motorcycle were seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...