GOC-in-C Eastern Command calls on Assam Guv
Guwahati: General Officer Commanding-in- Chief of Eastern Command, Lieutenant General Dalbir Singh, on a visit here on assumption of duty, called on Assam Governor Janaki Ballav Patnaik Wednesday.
Singh was accompanied by Lieutenant General Shakti Gurung, General Officer Commanding, Gajraj Corps, an official statement said.
During the meeting, the Army officials updated the Governor on the state of flood relief measures carried out by the forces.
Singh is currently on a three day visit to the formations and forward areas of the north east.
Before meeting the governor, he interacted with the troops and reviewed the progress of ongoing projects and the current internal security situation in Assam as well as on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Arunachal Pradesh, defence sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners