Gogoi asks DGP to take strict action against NDFB militants
Guwahati:Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday asked the state Director General of Police to take strict action against NDFB militants, who killed five people yesterday.
According to an official release, Gogoi condemned the killings and has ordered the new DGP Khagen Sarma to intensify operations to nab culprits.
The Chief Minister has also enquired about requirement of additional force if required.
Besides, Gogoi has asked Sarma to take all necessary steps to prevent any untoward incident on the eve of the Republic Day celebrations.
Last night, suspected NDFB (S) terrorists killed five people after stopping the bus they were travelling in from Siliguri in West Bengal to Shillong in Meghalaya on NH-31 in Ramphalbeel area.
The ultras asked the eight passengers to come out and then lined them up before firing at them from close range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port