Gogoi comfortably placed in Titabor
Titabor (Assam): Assam Chief Minister
Tarun Gogoi has a clear edge over all his 11 opponents in
Titabor Assembly constituency which goes to polls on April 4.
"The chief minister`s win is a foregone conclusion,
but now we are striving hard to ensure that he wins by a
record margin of votes and creates electoral history not only
in the state but also in the country," Titabor block Congress
president Sonadhar Rajkhowa said.
The chief minister, who had a minor operation in New
Delhi last week, is yet to hit the campaign trail, but his
supporters are confident he would ride the poll solely on the
basis of development work he had initiated in this
Another party worker Ghana Hazarika points out that the
real contest is for the second spot which is expected to be a
triangular one between AGP`s Montumoni Dutta, CPI`s Kula Das
and BJP`s Kaminish Deori.
A traditional Congress bastion, Titabor, which is in the
Jorhat Lok Sabha constituency, has been represented by Gogoi
since 2001 after he was elected in a by-election following the
party`s wresting of power from the Asom Gana Parishad.
In 2001 Assembly polls, the seat was won by his brother
Dip Gogoi who later vacated it for the elder Gogoi, who, then
a Lok Sabha MP from Kaliabor parliamentary constituency, had
led the party to a thumping win in the Assembly polls as the
state unit Congress president.
In 2006, the chief minister had polled 65.15 per cent of
the total votes and had won by 32,501 votes over his CPI
opponent Kula Das.
The high-profile constituency has witnessed a remarkable
development spree during the last 10 years with water supply
schemes, metalled roads, market places, a public library and
a sports complex being the prominent initiatives taken to make
it a model Assembly segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'