Gogoi directs admn to ensure facilities for camp inmates
Guwahati: Assam government is taking steps to ensure best treatment for all inmates, particularly to children and mothers, residing in camps for displaced persons in districts hit by ethnic violence, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday said.
He directed state Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma along with senior officers of the health department to be present in the areas where such camps have been set up to monitor the situation and ensure proper health facilities for all inmates.
"The chief minister has also instructed that all medical and para-medical staff and medicine requirement may be refurbished by requisitioning from other districts. Healthcare assistance from the private sector may also be sought, if necessary," a senior state government official said.
Necessary funds and other support would be made available for this purpose, he said.
"The Chief Minister also directed the chief secretary to take all preventive measures, including deployment of senior officials and to ensure that not a single life is lost due to lack of medical attention on the part of the Government," the official said.
In addition, a group of ministers (GoM) has been constituted for overseeing and coordinating the relief and rehabilitation measures in the affected districts on his direction, official sources said.
The GoM comprises Revenue Minister Prithibi Majhi as chairperson and comprises Planning and Development Minister Tanka Bahadur Rai, Public Health and Engineering Minister Gautam Roy, Food and Civil Supplies Minister Nazrul Islam, Education and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, Environment and Forest Minister Rockybul Hussain and Transport Minister Chandan Brahma.
Agriculture minister Nilamoni Sen Deka will be the Member Secretary of the GoM.
Gogoi has directed the GoM to proceed to the riot affected districts immediately, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside