Gogoi directs admn to ensure facilities for camp inmates
Guwahati: Assam government is taking steps to ensure best treatment for all inmates, particularly to children and mothers, residing in camps for displaced persons in districts hit by ethnic violence, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday said.
He directed state Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma along with senior officers of the health department to be present in the areas where such camps have been set up to monitor the situation and ensure proper health facilities for all inmates.
"The chief minister has also instructed that all medical and para-medical staff and medicine requirement may be refurbished by requisitioning from other districts. Healthcare assistance from the private sector may also be sought, if necessary," a senior state government official said.
Necessary funds and other support would be made available for this purpose, he said.
"The Chief Minister also directed the chief secretary to take all preventive measures, including deployment of senior officials and to ensure that not a single life is lost due to lack of medical attention on the part of the Government," the official said.
In addition, a group of ministers (GoM) has been constituted for overseeing and coordinating the relief and rehabilitation measures in the affected districts on his direction, official sources said.
The GoM comprises Revenue Minister Prithibi Majhi as chairperson and comprises Planning and Development Minister Tanka Bahadur Rai, Public Health and Engineering Minister Gautam Roy, Food and Civil Supplies Minister Nazrul Islam, Education and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, Environment and Forest Minister Rockybul Hussain and Transport Minister Chandan Brahma.
Agriculture minister Nilamoni Sen Deka will be the Member Secretary of the GoM.
Gogoi has directed the GoM to proceed to the riot affected districts immediately, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state