Gogoi directs admn to ensure facilities for camp inmates
Guwahati: Assam government is taking steps to ensure best treatment for all inmates, particularly to children and mothers, residing in camps for displaced persons in districts hit by ethnic violence, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday said.
He directed state Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma along with senior officers of the health department to be present in the areas where such camps have been set up to monitor the situation and ensure proper health facilities for all inmates.
"The chief minister has also instructed that all medical and para-medical staff and medicine requirement may be refurbished by requisitioning from other districts. Healthcare assistance from the private sector may also be sought, if necessary," a senior state government official said.
Necessary funds and other support would be made available for this purpose, he said.
"The Chief Minister also directed the chief secretary to take all preventive measures, including deployment of senior officials and to ensure that not a single life is lost due to lack of medical attention on the part of the Government," the official said.
In addition, a group of ministers (GoM) has been constituted for overseeing and coordinating the relief and rehabilitation measures in the affected districts on his direction, official sources said.
The GoM comprises Revenue Minister Prithibi Majhi as chairperson and comprises Planning and Development Minister Tanka Bahadur Rai, Public Health and Engineering Minister Gautam Roy, Food and Civil Supplies Minister Nazrul Islam, Education and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, Environment and Forest Minister Rockybul Hussain and Transport Minister Chandan Brahma.
Agriculture minister Nilamoni Sen Deka will be the Member Secretary of the GoM.
Gogoi has directed the GoM to proceed to the riot affected districts immediately, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!