Gogoi directs for ensured functioning of schools
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has directed concerned departments to make necessary makeshift arrangements to ensure functioning of schools and colleges in the trouble-torn districts of BTAD and Dhubri.
In order to ensure that there is no further loss of studies of students in the affected areas, the concerned departments should make makeshift arrangement, wherever necessary, so that classes can resume again, Gogoi said.
He was reviewing relief and rehabilitation measures in Kokrajhar, Chirang, Bongaigaon and Dhubri districts in a meeting with Chief Secretary and other senior officials Saturday.
The Chief Minister also emphasised the need to provide proper sanitation facilities to camp inmates with special focus on women inmates and stressed the need for decongesting the crowded camps.
He also instructed the officials to provide safe drinking water for the people in the camps and soaps/detergents to maintain cleanliness.
The state government has also appealed to all persons, organizations and political parties to cooperate and join hands with the government in restoring peace in the state.
The government appealed that processions, rally, marches which have the potential to aggravate tension and disturb the social fabric should not be undertaken for a period of one month.
Violence in Lower Assam`s four trouble-torn districts have claimed 96 lives since July 19 last with 2,42,343 inmates still taking shelter in 218 camps in the districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!