Gogoi directs implementation of social security schemes
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday directed the state`s Health and Family Welfare, Labour and Employment and Social Welfare departments to implement the social security schemes expeditiously.
The Chief Minister directed the officials to implement social security schemes like health insurance to below poverty line workers, building and other construction workers, street vendors, MGNREGA workers, rag pickers, auto rickshaw-taxi drivers, old age/widow pension etc must be implemented expeditiously by the concerned departments.
Gogoi further directed the Health and Family Welfare and Education Departments to prepare for the introduction of bills related to setting up of a Women University and ban on sale of smokeless tobacco including gutkha, in the coming budget session of the Assam Legislative Assembly in March, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog