Gogoi directs implementation of social security schemes
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday directed the state`s Health and Family Welfare, Labour and Employment and Social Welfare departments to implement the social security schemes expeditiously.
The Chief Minister directed the officials to implement social security schemes like health insurance to below poverty line workers, building and other construction workers, street vendors, MGNREGA workers, rag pickers, auto rickshaw-taxi drivers, old age/widow pension etc must be implemented expeditiously by the concerned departments.
Gogoi further directed the Health and Family Welfare and Education Departments to prepare for the introduction of bills related to setting up of a Women University and ban on sale of smokeless tobacco including gutkha, in the coming budget session of the Assam Legislative Assembly in March, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?