Gogoi directs implementation of social security schemes
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday directed the state`s Health and Family Welfare, Labour and Employment and Social Welfare departments to implement the social security schemes expeditiously.
The Chief Minister directed the officials to implement social security schemes like health insurance to below poverty line workers, building and other construction workers, street vendors, MGNREGA workers, rag pickers, auto rickshaw-taxi drivers, old age/widow pension etc must be implemented expeditiously by the concerned departments.
Gogoi further directed the Health and Family Welfare and Education Departments to prepare for the introduction of bills related to setting up of a Women University and ban on sale of smokeless tobacco including gutkha, in the coming budget session of the Assam Legislative Assembly in March, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar
- INSIDE DELHI METRO: Is this what happens to men who enter ladies coach? WATCH
- Gujarat Assembly ratifies GST Bill unanimously