Gogoi discusses Assam situation with Shinde
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today met Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde in New Delhi and discussed the current situation in violence-hit areas of the state as well as the overall law and order condition in the state.
During the meeting, Gogoi asked the centre to give its sanction on the proposal submitted by the Assam government for undertaking work on updating the National Register of Citizens, official sources said here.
The Chief Minister requested Shinde to strengthen the legal process for detection and deportation of illegal immigrants from the state, they added.
Gogoi, who is currently on a visit to the national capital, also held a meeting with Union Rural development Minister Jairam Ramesh.
The topic of discussion between them was regarding implementation of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna.
Ramesh assured Gogoi of sanctioning projects to connect by road all villages in Assam having a minimum population of 500 people during 2012-13 and 2013-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon