Gogoi flays Bijoya Chakravarty on visa-free entry remark
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday criticised BJP national vice-president and Guwahati MP Bijoya Chakravarty for her remark that he was "misleading" people on the "visa-free" entry for Bangladesh nationals.
The chief minister in a statement here said, "The proposal to allow visa-free entry of Bangladesh nationals of certain age groups by the BJP-led NDA Government came up during an inter-ministerial meeting on June 11 last in New Delhi and a copy of the summary record of discussion was with the Government of Assam."
"If Bijoya Chakravarty feigns ignorance of the proposal that came up during the meeting, I have nothing to say. Our government has placed on record a proposal of very sensitive nature before the people as they have every right to know about it. The question of misleading the people does not arise at all," Gogoi argued.
Meanwhile, Gogoi has welcomed Chakravarty`s statement that the central government would solve the water-logging problem in Guwahati in one and a half years` time.
He also assured of extending full cooperation to the Centre`s initiative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Never do films keeping in mind box office numbers: Aishwarya
- FDI up 16.5% to $2.46 billion in March
- Gold price cracks below Rs 29,000-mark, hits over 3-month low
- Farooq Abdullah caught talking on phone during National Anthem rendition, triggers row
- Waiting movie review: Naseer, Kalki add heft to this homage to humanism