Gogoi for firm steps to stem violence
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday asserted that "stern steps" were being taken to stem the violence in Korakjhar and lower Assam.
Strongly refuting the statement made by opposition party All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) that he had failed as a Home Minister to contain the violence, Gogoi told PTI "In fact all steps have been taken to restore normalcy".
"We have reviewed the situation with UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and hopefully everything will be in order", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren