Gogoi for firm steps to stem violence
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday asserted that "stern steps" were being taken to stem the violence in Korakjhar and lower Assam.
Strongly refuting the statement made by opposition party All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) that he had failed as a Home Minister to contain the violence, Gogoi told PTI "In fact all steps have been taken to restore normalcy".
"We have reviewed the situation with UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and hopefully everything will be in order", he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai