Gogoi for firm steps to stem violence
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday asserted that "stern steps" were being taken to stem the violence in Korakjhar and lower Assam.
Strongly refuting the statement made by opposition party All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) that he had failed as a Home Minister to contain the violence, Gogoi told PTI "In fact all steps have been taken to restore normalcy".
"We have reviewed the situation with UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and hopefully everything will be in order", he said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!
- EPF interest rate: Nationwide protest by trade unions today
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic