Gogoi for firm steps to stem violence
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday asserted that "stern steps" were being taken to stem the violence in Korakjhar and lower Assam.
Strongly refuting the statement made by opposition party All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) that he had failed as a Home Minister to contain the violence, Gogoi told PTI "In fact all steps have been taken to restore normalcy".
"We have reviewed the situation with UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and hopefully everything will be in order", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM