Gogoi for firm steps to stem violence
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday asserted that "stern steps" were being taken to stem the violence in Korakjhar and lower Assam.
Strongly refuting the statement made by opposition party All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) that he had failed as a Home Minister to contain the violence, Gogoi told PTI "In fact all steps have been taken to restore normalcy".
"We have reviewed the situation with UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and hopefully everything will be in order", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief