Gogoi for measures against flash floods in Guwahati
Guwahati: In view of flash floods in the state capital due to incessant rainfall, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has instructed that immediate measures be initiated to mitigate the woes of the citizens.
Gogoi held an emergent meeting with Guwahati Development Department Minister Ajanta Neog and GMDA Chairman Capt Robin Bordoloi today and instructed them to initiate the measures on a war footing and suggested the setting up of committees in localities affected by artificial floods.
He also suggested the setting up of an expert committee which would enable the Government to formulate a comprehensive policy to tackle the water woes.
Expressing serious concern over rampant earth cutting and rock blasting for quarrying on the Meghalaya side bordering Guwahati, the Chief Minister said these activities have not only caused environmental hazards but also compounded the artificial floods in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why