Gogoi for measures against flash floods in Guwahati
Guwahati: In view of flash floods in the state capital due to incessant rainfall, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has instructed that immediate measures be initiated to mitigate the woes of the citizens.
Gogoi held an emergent meeting with Guwahati Development Department Minister Ajanta Neog and GMDA Chairman Capt Robin Bordoloi today and instructed them to initiate the measures on a war footing and suggested the setting up of committees in localities affected by artificial floods.
He also suggested the setting up of an expert committee which would enable the Government to formulate a comprehensive policy to tackle the water woes.
Expressing serious concern over rampant earth cutting and rock blasting for quarrying on the Meghalaya side bordering Guwahati, the Chief Minister said these activities have not only caused environmental hazards but also compounded the artificial floods in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!