Gogoi goes Bihu shopping, wishes people
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday went shopping for the Magh Bihu festival beginning tomorrow and wished the people on the occasion.
Gogoi visited the Beltola market here to shop for the festival which begins with the `Uruka` or community feasting tomorrow.
Gogoi went around the market asking vendors about prices of vegetables and purchased potatoes, brinjal, variety of herbs and jaggery.
"I always enjoyed marketing for Bihu and on other occasions though now I don`t get time to do so," Gogoi said.
Asked about escalating prices during the festival, the Chief Minister admitted that there was an increase in prices "but this has always been the case".
Gogoi also wished the people of the state on the occasion of Magh Bihu, also called Bhogali Bihu, appealing to them to forget all ill-feelings and differences and celebrate the festival in a spirit of harmony and brotherhood.
He also hoped that the festival would promote socio- cultural unity and bring development and prosperity in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof