Gogoi goes Bihu shopping, wishes people
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday went shopping for the Magh Bihu festival beginning tomorrow and wished the people on the occasion.
Gogoi visited the Beltola market here to shop for the festival which begins with the `Uruka` or community feasting tomorrow.
Gogoi went around the market asking vendors about prices of vegetables and purchased potatoes, brinjal, variety of herbs and jaggery.
"I always enjoyed marketing for Bihu and on other occasions though now I don`t get time to do so," Gogoi said.
Asked about escalating prices during the festival, the Chief Minister admitted that there was an increase in prices "but this has always been the case".
Gogoi also wished the people of the state on the occasion of Magh Bihu, also called Bhogali Bihu, appealing to them to forget all ill-feelings and differences and celebrate the festival in a spirit of harmony and brotherhood.
He also hoped that the festival would promote socio- cultural unity and bring development and prosperity in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un turns into a matchmaker for his sister, set to host dating contest
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- All you want to know about Salman Khan-Arijit Singh feud! – Details inside
- Donald Trump fires his national political director - campaign sources
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon urges dialogue with North Korea