Gogoi hails decision to make Rahul Congress VP
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday hailed the decision of the Congress Working Committee (CWC) to elevate Rahul Gandhi to the post of vice president of the party at the AICC session at Jaipur.
"The CWC took the wise decision to entrust greater responsibility on Rahul Gandhi by elevating him to the post of vice president of the party", Gogoi said in a statement here.
There is no doubt, whatsoever, that under the youthful, dynamic and visionary leadership of Rahul Gandhi, the Congress party would be further strengthened at the grassroots level, he said.
This step would also help the party to create leaders who can run the country and wished Gandhi success in all his future endeavours, Gogoi added.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season