Gogoi hails decision to make Rahul Congress VP
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday hailed the decision of the Congress Working Committee (CWC) to elevate Rahul Gandhi to the post of vice president of the party at the AICC session at Jaipur.
"The CWC took the wise decision to entrust greater responsibility on Rahul Gandhi by elevating him to the post of vice president of the party", Gogoi said in a statement here.
There is no doubt, whatsoever, that under the youthful, dynamic and visionary leadership of Rahul Gandhi, the Congress party would be further strengthened at the grassroots level, he said.
This step would also help the party to create leaders who can run the country and wished Gandhi success in all his future endeavours, Gogoi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?