Gogoi meets ministers and MLAs from Barak Valley
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today held a meeting with ministers and MLAs representing Barak Valley and discussed development-related issues and other problems faced by the people in the region.
During the meemting held at the assembly conference room, Gogoi asked the MLAs to submit a profile outlining all government projects in their respective constituencies, an official statement said.
"In the profile three broad categories mentioning the ongoing, pending and future requirements must be clearly stated. This would help to review the pace of progress and to deal with the issues in a more effective way," he said.
The Ministers and MLAs apprised Gogoi about problems relating to infrastructure, communication, roads and bridges and programmes like PMGSY and NRHM.
They suggested that the roads in Barak Valley should be constructed with concrete block for durability and maintenance.
Gogoi, on his part, said that local candidates should be preferably appointed as paramedics and in Grade III and IV jobs.
The meeting was attended by Public Health and Engineering Minister Gautam Roy, Sports Minister Ajit Singh, Border Areas Development Minister Siddeque Ahmed, Parliamentary Secretary Monilal Gowala, and MLAs including D P Goala, Rumi Nath, Anamul Haque, Sushmita Dev, Jamaluddin Ahmed and Kamalakhya Dey Purkayastha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi