Gogoi places list of demands before Railway Minister
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday appealed to Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda to introduce an alternate railway line from Coochbehar in West Bengal to Abhayapuri in Assam in the forthcoming Railway Budget.
The Chief Minister, in a letter to the Railway Minister also appealed to him to introduce a super fast weekly express train between Dibrugarh and Pune, direct trains from Jorhat to Kolkata and other important cities, very fast daily express trains with
limited stops from Dibrugarh/Guwahati to prominent cities in the west, south and north.
Also requested was a daily intercity express train between Guwahati and Murkongselek, a daily intercity express train between Guwahati and Naharlagun, a daily intercity express train between Rangiya and Naharlagun, an intercity express train between Rangiya Junction and Dibrugarh via New Tinsukia for four days a week.
Besides, a passenger train between Guwahati and Mendipathar, a passenger train between Rangapara North and Rangiya Junction and a passenger train between Rangapara North and Alipurduar.
Gogoi demanded Gowda to increase the frequency of the Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express to daily from twice a week and to look into NF Railway`s proposal for introduction of a Duronto Express between Guwahati and New Delhi.
The Railway Minister was also asked to expedite the doubling of the track between New Bongaigaon and Kamakhya and a new line from Silghat to Tezpur, besides speeding up the gauge conversion of the Baraigram-Durlabcherra railway line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!