Gogoi to bring out detailed report on Centre`s help to Assam
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday said he would bring out a detailed report comparing the contribution received by the state by the NDA and UPA governments at the Centre.
"I am going to bring out a `white paper` (detailed report) by March 15 to inform the public that how much Assam has gained under NDA rule and UPA tenure. The people of the state should know the actual picture," Gogoi said.
He repeatedly told reporters that the BJP-led NDA regime was a "black period" for Assam.
Describing the BJP and the AGP, which had run the previous state government, as `brothers`, Gogoi alleged that they had secret understanding to rob Assam.
"During AGP`s time, secret killings happened. Communal killings took place under Modi. His lady minister is behind the bars now. They have ideological similarities," he said without naming Gujarat minister Mayaben Kodnani.
Comparing Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi with BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Gogoi said, "Rahul is a democrat, Modi is an autocrat like Hitler."
"Rahul is a visionary leader, a real statesman. He has tried to understand the problems of all the communities. Modi is trying to do magic with crackers," he added.
Gogoi also charged his Gujarat counterpart of trying to divide Barak valley from the Brahmaputra valley.
He further said, "Modi is talking about magic like PC Sorcar does. He is saying that he will solve all problems of 60 years in just 60 months. He could not solve all the problems of Gujarat in 10 years. How can he solve India`s problems in 5 years?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre