Gogoi to bring out detailed report on Centre`s help to Assam
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday said he would bring out a detailed report comparing the contribution received by the state by the NDA and UPA governments at the Centre.
"I am going to bring out a `white paper` (detailed report) by March 15 to inform the public that how much Assam has gained under NDA rule and UPA tenure.
The people of the state should know the actual picture," Gogoi said.
He repeatedly told reporters that the BJP-led NDA regime was a "black period" for Assam.
Describing the BJP and the AGP, which had run the previous state government, as `brothers`, Gogoi alleged that they had secret understanding to rob Assam.
"During AGP`s time, secret killings happened. Communal killings took place under Modi. His lady minister is behind the bars now. They have ideological similarities," he said without naming Gujarat minister Mayaben Kodnani.
Comparing Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi with BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Gogoi said, "Rahul is a democrat, Modi is an autocrat like Hitler."
"Rahul is a visionary leader, a real statesman. He has tried to understand the problems of all the communities. Modi is trying to do magic with crackers," he added.
Gogoi also charged his Gujarat counterpart of trying to divide Barak valley from the Brahmaputra valley.
He further said, "Modi is talking about magic like PC Sorcar does. He is saying that he will solve all problems of 60 years in just 60 months. He could not solve all the problems of Gujarat in 10 years. How can he solve India`s problems in 5 years?"
Gogoi also took a dig at Modi for raising his voice just before the election for allowing only Hindu refugees from Bangladesh to stay in India.
"We are saying that people of any religion -- Hindu, Muslim, Christian or Buddhist, whosoever comes to India under compulsion, should be looked at with sympathy on humanitarian ground. I am not talking about those who have come here intentionally," he added.
Talking about the recent two-day trip of Rahul Gandhi to Assam, Gogoi said it was very successful and he interacted with a cross section of people -- tribals, students, women -- and met different communities and development councils, besides holding a road show.
"Rahul has immense faith on Assamese people, while Modi does not have it. Modi, in fact brought police from Gujarat, when he came here. He doesn`t even trust Assam Police," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand