Gogoi to bring out detailed report on Centre`s help to Assam
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday said he would bring out a detailed report comparing the contribution received by the state by the NDA and UPA governments at the Centre.
"I am going to bring out a `white paper` (detailed report) by March 15 to inform the public that how much Assam has gained under NDA rule and UPA tenure.
The people of the state should know the actual picture," Gogoi said.
He repeatedly told reporters that the BJP-led NDA regime was a "black period" for Assam.
Describing the BJP and the AGP, which had run the previous state government, as `brothers`, Gogoi alleged that they had secret understanding to rob Assam.
"During AGP`s time, secret killings happened. Communal killings took place under Modi. His lady minister is behind the bars now. They have ideological similarities," he said without naming Gujarat minister Mayaben Kodnani.
Comparing Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi with BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Gogoi said, "Rahul is a democrat, Modi is an autocrat like Hitler."
"Rahul is a visionary leader, a real statesman. He has tried to understand the problems of all the communities. Modi is trying to do magic with crackers," he added.
Gogoi also charged his Gujarat counterpart of trying to divide Barak valley from the Brahmaputra valley.
He further said, "Modi is talking about magic like PC Sorcar does. He is saying that he will solve all problems of 60 years in just 60 months. He could not solve all the problems of Gujarat in 10 years. How can he solve India`s problems in 5 years?"
Gogoi also took a dig at Modi for raising his voice just before the election for allowing only Hindu refugees from Bangladesh to stay in India.
"We are saying that people of any religion -- Hindu, Muslim, Christian or Buddhist, whosoever comes to India under compulsion, should be looked at with sympathy on humanitarian ground. I am not talking about those who have come here intentionally," he added.
Talking about the recent two-day trip of Rahul Gandhi to Assam, Gogoi said it was very successful and he interacted with a cross section of people -- tribals, students, women -- and met different communities and development councils, besides holding a road show.
"Rahul has immense faith on Assamese people, while Modi does not have it. Modi, in fact brought police from Gujarat, when he came here. He doesn`t even trust Assam Police," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state