Governor, CM extend Eid-ul-Zuha greetings
Guwahati: Assam Governor Janaki Ballav Patnaik and Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi have greeted the people on the occasion of Eid-ul-Zuha on Saturday.
Patnaik in his message on Friday appealed for upholding the tradition of amity and communal harmony in the state and urged the people to strengthen the bond of fraternity so that anti-social elements do not create any dent in their peaceful co-existence.
The governor also emphasised observance of all religious festivals in the spirit of joy and brotherhood maintaining balance between piety and gaiety.
The chief minister said Eid`s message of universal brotherhood, love, peace and sacrifice would further strengthen the bond among the people.
The festival would take Assam forward on the path of peace, unity and harmony, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Xiaomi launches Qicycle, a foldable electric smart bike
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features