Governor, CM extend Eid-ul-Zuha greetings
Guwahati: Assam Governor Janaki Ballav Patnaik and Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi have greeted the people on the occasion of Eid-ul-Zuha on Saturday.
Patnaik in his message on Friday appealed for upholding the tradition of amity and communal harmony in the state and urged the people to strengthen the bond of fraternity so that anti-social elements do not create any dent in their peaceful co-existence.
The governor also emphasised observance of all religious festivals in the spirit of joy and brotherhood maintaining balance between piety and gaiety.
The chief minister said Eid`s message of universal brotherhood, love, peace and sacrifice would further strengthen the bond among the people.
The festival would take Assam forward on the path of peace, unity and harmony, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!