Governor, CM extend Eid-ul-Zuha greetings
Guwahati: Assam Governor Janaki Ballav Patnaik and Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi have greeted the people on the occasion of Eid-ul-Zuha on Saturday.
Patnaik in his message on Friday appealed for upholding the tradition of amity and communal harmony in the state and urged the people to strengthen the bond of fraternity so that anti-social elements do not create any dent in their peaceful co-existence.
The governor also emphasised observance of all religious festivals in the spirit of joy and brotherhood maintaining balance between piety and gaiety.
The chief minister said Eid`s message of universal brotherhood, love, peace and sacrifice would further strengthen the bond among the people.
The festival would take Assam forward on the path of peace, unity and harmony, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore