Governor, CM extend Eid-ul-Zuha greetings
Guwahati: Assam Governor Janaki Ballav Patnaik and Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi have greeted the people on the occasion of Eid-ul-Zuha on Saturday.
Patnaik in his message on Friday appealed for upholding the tradition of amity and communal harmony in the state and urged the people to strengthen the bond of fraternity so that anti-social elements do not create any dent in their peaceful co-existence.
The governor also emphasised observance of all religious festivals in the spirit of joy and brotherhood maintaining balance between piety and gaiety.
The chief minister said Eid`s message of universal brotherhood, love, peace and sacrifice would further strengthen the bond among the people.
The festival would take Assam forward on the path of peace, unity and harmony, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gold prices slumps by Rs 100 to 30,800 per ten grams
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details
- HC upholds summoning of Vijay Mallya in cheque-bounce cases
- Scientists identify key protein that can predict ovarian cancer early!
- Report on roadmap to double farmers' income by Sept: Govt