Govt extends term of commission probing Goalpara violence
Guwahati: The Assam government on Monday extended the term of the one-member enquiry commission probing Goalpara violence in February this year by six months.
"The government of Assam has extended the term of the one-man Commission of Inquiry, headed by Justice (Retd) PC Phukan, for a period of six months with effect from August 26, 2013 or till the submission of the report, whichever is earlier," an official release said.
The commission is enquiring the incidence of violence that occurred in various places of Goalpara district on February 12 this year.
In the violence, 21 people were killed and many injured besides huge loss of properties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- French Open 2016, Day 8: Muguruza, Rogers, Murray, Wawrinka into quarters
- Comets responsible for initiating life on planet Earth: Study
- Twitter profile picture may reveal your personality
- BJP names 12 candidates for Rajya Sabha seat; Venkaiah Naidu, Nirmala Sitharaman, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi tops list
- 'Government should make Amitabh face of tobacco control campaign'