Govt protecting infiltrators in Assam: VHP
Varanasi: Attacking the Government over the violent clashes between Bodo tribals and minority immigrants in Assam, Vishwa Hindu Parishad today alleged that Bangladeshi infiltrators are being protected at the cost of indigenous tribes.
"They (immigrants) have been attacking local tribes who have been in Assam for ages...Several villages are burnt totally, forcing tribals to flee to temporary shelters. But the Centre and the state government are protecting Bangladeshi infiltrators instead of indigenous tribes, who actually need protection," VHP international working president Pravin Togadia told media here.
Threatening to launch an agitation in protest of violence against tribals in Assam, he said, "If the terror against them is not controlled in 24 hours, then VHP will be forced to announce nation-wide agitation to free Assam from infiltrators` terror."
He said the rights of the original inhabitants are being being violated.
Certain parts of Assam, including Kokrajhar district, are badly affected following violent clashes between Bodo tribals and minority immigrants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy