Govt protecting infiltrators in Assam: VHP
Varanasi: Attacking the Government over the violent clashes between Bodo tribals and minority immigrants in Assam, Vishwa Hindu Parishad today alleged that Bangladeshi infiltrators are being protected at the cost of indigenous tribes.
"They (immigrants) have been attacking local tribes who have been in Assam for ages...Several villages are burnt totally, forcing tribals to flee to temporary shelters. But the Centre and the state government are protecting Bangladeshi infiltrators instead of indigenous tribes, who actually need protection," VHP international working president Pravin Togadia told media here.
Threatening to launch an agitation in protest of violence against tribals in Assam, he said, "If the terror against them is not controlled in 24 hours, then VHP will be forced to announce nation-wide agitation to free Assam from infiltrators` terror."
He said the rights of the original inhabitants are being being violated.
Certain parts of Assam, including Kokrajhar district, are badly affected following violent clashes between Bodo tribals and minority immigrants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love