Govt protecting infiltrators in Assam: VHP
Varanasi: Attacking the Government over the violent clashes between Bodo tribals and minority immigrants in Assam, Vishwa Hindu Parishad today alleged that Bangladeshi infiltrators are being protected at the cost of indigenous tribes.
"They (immigrants) have been attacking local tribes who have been in Assam for ages...Several villages are burnt totally, forcing tribals to flee to temporary shelters. But the Centre and the state government are protecting Bangladeshi infiltrators instead of indigenous tribes, who actually need protection," VHP international working president Pravin Togadia told media here.
Threatening to launch an agitation in protest of violence against tribals in Assam, he said, "If the terror against them is not controlled in 24 hours, then VHP will be forced to announce nation-wide agitation to free Assam from infiltrators` terror."
He said the rights of the original inhabitants are being being violated.
Certain parts of Assam, including Kokrajhar district, are badly affected following violent clashes between Bodo tribals and minority immigrants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16