Govt protecting infiltrators in Assam: VHP
Varanasi: Attacking the Government over the violent clashes between Bodo tribals and minority immigrants in Assam, Vishwa Hindu Parishad today alleged that Bangladeshi infiltrators are being protected at the cost of indigenous tribes.
"They (immigrants) have been attacking local tribes who have been in Assam for ages...Several villages are burnt totally, forcing tribals to flee to temporary shelters. But the Centre and the state government are protecting Bangladeshi infiltrators instead of indigenous tribes, who actually need protection," VHP international working president Pravin Togadia told media here.
Threatening to launch an agitation in protest of violence against tribals in Assam, he said, "If the terror against them is not controlled in 24 hours, then VHP will be forced to announce nation-wide agitation to free Assam from infiltrators` terror."
He said the rights of the original inhabitants are being being violated.
Certain parts of Assam, including Kokrajhar district, are badly affected following violent clashes between Bodo tribals and minority immigrants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu