Govt trying its best to deal with Assam floods: Tarun Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday assured that the government is trying its level best to deal with the flood situation in the state.
Stating that he has never seen such a flood since he came to power, Gogoi added, "Such a flood, such havoc is causing so much hardship and suffering to a large number of people."
Flash floods wreaked havoc in four districts in Assam including Lakhimpur, Darrang, Sonitpur and Udalguri, besides Guwahati and Kamrup . At least seven people died and several other persons were reportedly injured while some were even electrocuted.
On reports of some residents in Guwahati expressing anger at the administration, Gogoi said, "They will be angry and I`m justifying their anger and criticism. But ultimately you have to find out a solution, as we are dealing with a situation."
About five relief camps have been opened for the affected and almost 10,000 people have taken shelter there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal