Govt trying its best to deal with Assam floods: Tarun Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday assured that the government is trying its level best to deal with the flood situation in the state.
Stating that he has never seen such a flood since he came to power, Gogoi added, "Such a flood, such havoc is causing so much hardship and suffering to a large number of people."
Flash floods wreaked havoc in four districts in Assam including Lakhimpur, Darrang, Sonitpur and Udalguri, besides Guwahati and Kamrup . At least seven people died and several other persons were reportedly injured while some were even electrocuted.
On reports of some residents in Guwahati expressing anger at the administration, Gogoi said, "They will be angry and I`m justifying their anger and criticism. But ultimately you have to find out a solution, as we are dealing with a situation."
About five relief camps have been opened for the affected and almost 10,000 people have taken shelter there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday