Govt trying its best to deal with Assam floods: Tarun Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday assured that the government is trying its level best to deal with the flood situation in the state.
Stating that he has never seen such a flood since he came to power, Gogoi added, "Such a flood, such havoc is causing so much hardship and suffering to a large number of people."
Flash floods wreaked havoc in four districts in Assam including Lakhimpur, Darrang, Sonitpur and Udalguri, besides Guwahati and Kamrup . At least seven people died and several other persons were reportedly injured while some were even electrocuted.
On reports of some residents in Guwahati expressing anger at the administration, Gogoi said, "They will be angry and I`m justifying their anger and criticism. But ultimately you have to find out a solution, as we are dealing with a situation."
About five relief camps have been opened for the affected and almost 10,000 people have taken shelter there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?