New Delhi: The Centre on Monday vowed to hunt down those responsible for the ethnic clashes between Bodos and minorities after fresh violence erupted in Assam.
"The situation is under control as of now. There could be some external elements behind the violence. The state government and the Centre are determined that we will have this investigated and get to the people who are behind this," Union Home Secretary R K Singh told reporters here.
Singh said in the last two days five bodies were recovered following the fresh violence between the two communities in the Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD).
"I want to make it clear to everyone that we will go after those who are responsible for the violence," he said.
Indefinite curfew was reimposed in Chirang district where three bodies were recovered yesterday, while night curfew was continuing in Kokrajhar, where two bodies were recovered, besides Baska and Dhubri districts.
The army continued to flag march, while the police and para-military forces were on patrol, the sources said.
So far more than 60 people lost their lives and 5.02 lakh people became homeless in the clashes between the Bodos and minorities which was first reported last month.