Grenade explodes in Assam market, 6 injured
Diphu: Six persons were injured in a grenade blast in a busy market area in Bokolia town of Karbi Anglong district in Assam on Wednesday.
The grenade exploded in front of a shop at 6.40 pm injuring the six persons, police said.
The injured were admitted to a local hospital where the condition of one person was stated to be serious, police said.
Suspected anti-talk Paresh Baruah faction of the ULFA triggered three serial grenade blasts in Lakhimpur district yesterday injuring five persons in the high security Deputy Commissioner Court road, Jail Road and Chawlkhowa areas.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India