Grenade explodes in Assam, none injured
Tezpur: A grenade exploded near Belshri railway station in lower Assam`s Sonitpur district on Friday. No injury has been reported so far.
A five-member group of unidentified persons on motorcycles threw two grenade at a paddy field at Belshri under Misamari Police station at around 3.30 pm, police sources said.
The grenade went off in an unpopulated open space near the railway station, the sources said.
Another unexploded grenade was also recovered from a well in the area by the local people, the sources said.
The bikers fled towards Hugrajuli, the sources said adding, a search operation was launched to track them out.
Those responsible for the blast were not immediately known as investigations were on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi