Grenade explodes in Assam, none injured
Tezpur: A grenade exploded near Belshri railway station in lower Assam`s Sonitpur district on Friday. No injury has been reported so far.
A five-member group of unidentified persons on motorcycles threw two grenade at a paddy field at Belshri under Misamari Police station at around 3.30 pm, police sources said.
The grenade went off in an unpopulated open space near the railway station, the sources said.
Another unexploded grenade was also recovered from a well in the area by the local people, the sources said.
The bikers fled towards Hugrajuli, the sources said adding, a search operation was launched to track them out.
Those responsible for the blast were not immediately known as investigations were on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?