Grenade explodes in Assam, none injured
Tezpur: A grenade exploded near Belshri railway station in lower Assam`s Sonitpur district on Friday. No injury has been reported so far.
A five-member group of unidentified persons on motorcycles threw two grenade at a paddy field at Belshri under Misamari Police station at around 3.30 pm, police sources said.
The grenade went off in an unpopulated open space near the railway station, the sources said.
Another unexploded grenade was also recovered from a well in the area by the local people, the sources said.
The bikers fled towards Hugrajuli, the sources said adding, a search operation was launched to track them out.
Those responsible for the blast were not immediately known as investigations were on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket