Grenade recovered in Haflong
Haflong: A live grenade was recovered in Dima Hasao district headquarters town of Haflong in central Assam friday.
The grenade was detected by the public at around 6 am near Synod Point in the heart of the town, police said.
The people informed the police about the explosive and the security forces later defused it safely, the police said.
Meanwhile, the indefinite curfew in Haflong clamped from September 28 last was withdrawn from 6 pm yesterday following the improvement in the overall law and order situation with no report of any fresh incidents of violence.
The prohibitory order was also discontinued in view of the withdrawal of the Dima Hasao bandh called jointly by the North Cachar Hills Indigenous Peoples` Forum and its students and women wings, official sources said.
Curfew was imposed following violence during a 48-hour bandh called by the NCHIPF to press for bifurcation of Dima Hasao district into two autonomous districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!