Grenade recovered in Haflong
Haflong: A live grenade was recovered in Dima Hasao district headquarters town of Haflong in central Assam friday.
The grenade was detected by the public at around 6 am near Synod Point in the heart of the town, police said.
The people informed the police about the explosive and the security forces later defused it safely, the police said.
Meanwhile, the indefinite curfew in Haflong clamped from September 28 last was withdrawn from 6 pm yesterday following the improvement in the overall law and order situation with no report of any fresh incidents of violence.
The prohibitory order was also discontinued in view of the withdrawal of the Dima Hasao bandh called jointly by the North Cachar Hills Indigenous Peoples` Forum and its students and women wings, official sources said.
Curfew was imposed following violence during a 48-hour bandh called by the NCHIPF to press for bifurcation of Dima Hasao district into two autonomous districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh