Grenade recovered in Haflong
Haflong: A live grenade was recovered in Dima Hasao district headquarters town of Haflong in central Assam friday.
The grenade was detected by the public at around 6 am near Synod Point in the heart of the town, police said.
The people informed the police about the explosive and the security forces later defused it safely, the police said.
Meanwhile, the indefinite curfew in Haflong clamped from September 28 last was withdrawn from 6 pm yesterday following the improvement in the overall law and order situation with no report of any fresh incidents of violence.
The prohibitory order was also discontinued in view of the withdrawal of the Dima Hasao bandh called jointly by the North Cachar Hills Indigenous Peoples` Forum and its students and women wings, official sources said.
Curfew was imposed following violence during a 48-hour bandh called by the NCHIPF to press for bifurcation of Dima Hasao district into two autonomous districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'