Grenade recovered in Haflong
Haflong: A live grenade was recovered in Dima Hasao district headquarters town of Haflong in central Assam friday.
The grenade was detected by the public at around 6 am near Synod Point in the heart of the town, police said.
The people informed the police about the explosive and the security forces later defused it safely, the police said.
Meanwhile, the indefinite curfew in Haflong clamped from September 28 last was withdrawn from 6 pm yesterday following the improvement in the overall law and order situation with no report of any fresh incidents of violence.
The prohibitory order was also discontinued in view of the withdrawal of the Dima Hasao bandh called jointly by the North Cachar Hills Indigenous Peoples` Forum and its students and women wings, official sources said.
Curfew was imposed following violence during a 48-hour bandh called by the NCHIPF to press for bifurcation of Dima Hasao district into two autonomous districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border