Guwahati: Editors` team to look into role of media
New Delhi: A three-member team of senior editors will visit Guwahati to look into allegations about the role of mediapersons in the coverage of the molestation case that happened there last week.
The Broadcast Editors` Association (BEA) said in a statement here that its team would try to find out if any journalist had actually played a part in the commissioning of the crime. It would also deliberate on the larger issue of conduct of journalists.
"The BEA has decided to send a fact-finding team to ascertain media’s role in the coverage of the Guwahati molestation case," it said.
"A three-member team headed by BEA general secretary NK Singh and comprising senior journalists Dibang and Ashutosh will visit Guwahati and investigate the issue," it said.
The team would look into "whether any media person (s) had any active role in commission of the crime."
It would also "deliberate and suggest measures, if so required, on the larger issue of conduct of journalists in such situations," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown