Guwahati molestation case: KMSS demands action against TV channel
Guwahati: Team Anna member Akhil Gogoi-led Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti on Sunday demanded action against a city-based private channel which aired the video of the molestation of the girl on July 9.
Activists of the KMSS, India Against Corruption and Nari Mukti Sangram Samiti today took out a procession in the city and sought prompt action against the channel and one of its reporters for allegedly instigating the mob to molest the girl.
"We demand action against the channel, which is controlled by the wife of a senior state government minister, and also against the particular journalist for inciting the mob," senior KMSS leader Abdul Waheed said.
Akhil Gogoi had yesterday presented the "raw" video footage before the media alleging that the person taking the footage initially with the help of a mobile camera was a journalist of the channel and he was later joined by another colleague to whom he was heard saying that he had organised the "incident".
Gogoi had alleged that the news channel while airing the incident had edited these portions but they managed to acquire the raw footage and found that the role of the journalist was suspicious.
KMSS has already submitted a CD with the entire footage to the Director General of Police Jayanta Narayan Choudhury and urged him to take necessary action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000