Guwahati molestation: Controversy over disclosure of identity of victim
New Delhi: A controversy broke out on Monday over a member of the National Commission for Women allegedly making public the identity of the girl molested in Guwahati with a BJP leader saying it was violation of the Supreme Court directives.
The NCW member Alka Lamba, who went to Guwahati to probe the case of molestation of the girl outside a pub last week, said they were preparing a report on the issue.
BJP leader Smriti Irani alleged that Alka Lamba bypassed Supreme Court directives and made the victim`s identity public.
Lamba said they were preparing the report and they need some time to finalise it.
"We should not be in a hurry because it is really a sensitive issue. We should give as much time to this. So that we can reach some conclusion and catch hold of the culprits," she said.
She said those who attacked the girl were about 12 to 20 and four of them have been arrested while others have to be identified. "Assam Police have assured us that they will take strict action," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly