Guwahati molestation: SC moved for compensation to victim
New Delhi: An 82-year-old man has moved the Supreme Court apprising it of the incident of molestation of a teenaged girl in Guwahati by a mob of 16 persons and seeking compensation for her.
In his petition, Satya Pal Anand, a resident of Indore in Madhya Pradesh, has sought the apex court`s directions for awarding Rs 27 lakh as compensation to the victim.
He has also sought dismissal of the Assam government for allegedly "failing to function in accordance with the Constitution of India".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing