Guwahati molestation: SC moved for compensation to victim
New Delhi: An 82-year-old man has moved the Supreme Court apprising it of the incident of molestation of a teenaged girl in Guwahati by a mob of 16 persons and seeking compensation for her.
In his petition, Satya Pal Anand, a resident of Indore in Madhya Pradesh, has sought the apex court`s directions for awarding Rs 27 lakh as compensation to the victim.
He has also sought dismissal of the Assam government for allegedly "failing to function in accordance with the Constitution of India".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read