Guwahati molestation: Scribe remanded to 3-day police custody
Guwahati: A court on Saturday remanded Gaurav Jyoti Neog, the TV channel reporter arrested on the charge of instigating an attack on a teenaged girl who was molested here, to three days of police custody.
Neog, the reporter of city-based Live News channel, was remanded to custody by the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate of Kamrup Siddhartha Pratim Moitra.
He was arrested late yesterday evening and was produced in the court today.
The Gauhati High Court had on July 19 rejected an anticipatory bail plea by Neog who was accused by RTI activist Akhil Gogoi of orchestrating the molestation of the girl in a Guwahati street.
He had resigned from his job earlier this week. Neog`s boss and channel`s Editor-in-Chief Atanu Bhuyan has also resigned.
Neog had already been questioned by the police to know his version of the story.
Meanwhile, the prime accused in the molestation case, Amar Jyoti Kalita, remain untraced.
The Special Investigation Team of state police, entrusted with the case, has sent two-three teams outside Assam to trace Kalita.
12 persons have been arrested so far on the charge of being involved in the molestation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!