Hagrama terms Monokumar Brahma arrest as conspirac
Nalbari: Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) chief Hagrama Mahilary on Monday termed as "conspiracy" the arrest of council executive member Monokumar Brahma alias Jalja.
Addressing a meeting held at Barama in Nalbari district, Mahilary alleged that the Deputy Commissioner and the Superintendent of Police of Kokrajhar district are trying to bring a repeat of the `secret killings` seen during the AGP regime of 1996-2001.
He said a "great conspiracy have been plotted against the workers of BPF", the ruling dispensation in the Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD).
"The executive member of BTC Manokumar Brahma who was arrested last Saturday is also the victim of such a conspiracy," Mahilary said.
The BTC chief added that the BPF has decided to file a case at the Gauhati High Court against a senior police official of Kokrajhar district "for plotting the conspiracy".
Brahma was picked up by police from his home in Kokrajhar in connection with some killings and some arms recovered from him.
Mahilary alleged that state parliamentary secretary of Home Bhupen Bora is the "mastermind" of the ongoing violence because a section of Congress leaders want to bring a division between the Assam Chief Minister and BPF for their narrow political gains.
BPF is Congress` minor partner in the state government.
The meeting was also addressed by Assam Transport Minister and BPF deputy head Chandan Brahma.
The speakers demanded that the state government change all the DC and SPs of all four districts falling under the BTAD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family