Hagrama terms Monokumar Brahma arrest as conspirac
Nalbari: Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) chief Hagrama Mahilary on Monday termed as "conspiracy" the arrest of council executive member Monokumar Brahma alias Jalja.
Addressing a meeting held at Barama in Nalbari district, Mahilary alleged that the Deputy Commissioner and the Superintendent of Police of Kokrajhar district are trying to bring a repeat of the `secret killings` seen during the AGP regime of 1996-2001.
He said a "great conspiracy have been plotted against the workers of BPF", the ruling dispensation in the Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD).
"The executive member of BTC Manokumar Brahma who was arrested last Saturday is also the victim of such a conspiracy," Mahilary said.
The BTC chief added that the BPF has decided to file a case at the Gauhati High Court against a senior police official of Kokrajhar district "for plotting the conspiracy".
Brahma was picked up by police from his home in Kokrajhar in connection with some killings and some arms recovered from him.
Mahilary alleged that state parliamentary secretary of Home Bhupen Bora is the "mastermind" of the ongoing violence because a section of Congress leaders want to bring a division between the Assam Chief Minister and BPF for their narrow political gains.
BPF is Congress` minor partner in the state government.
The meeting was also addressed by Assam Transport Minister and BPF deputy head Chandan Brahma.
The speakers demanded that the state government change all the DC and SPs of all four districts falling under the BTAD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog