`Hate posts vicious attempt at polarising people`
Octroi BOP (J&K): The Centre on Friday said the hate posts and SMSes regarding the Assam violence is a "vicious" attempt by fundamentalist elements to polarise the people on communal lines.
"It is a very vicious attempt by fundamentalist elements to polarise the people on communal lines," Union Home Secretary R K Singh told reporters at Octroi border outpost in R S Pura sub-sector of Jammu district.
He was replying to a volley of questions on the steps the government was initiating in the aftermath of the violence in Assam and the ensuing hate campaign against people from the North-East in some parts of the country.
Singh said fundamentalist elements in the country and in Pakistan are to be blamed for the campaign and India would send some samples of the hate messages and clippings to Pakistan in this regard.
"Fundamentalists on both the sides were involved in it. Bulk of it (hate messages) were from outside India," he said.
"Religious extremists within our country saw an opportunity here and they tried to exploit it... It was communal in nature and we have dealt with it," he added.
Singh said Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik had called up Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, who told him that rumours were generated from Pakistan through cellular services.
To a question on a large number of Hindus leaving Pakistan for India due to alleged persecution there, he said, "I do not know whether that is correct. Every year people come here on visas and pilgrim visas and they go back.
"We do not see any marked increase in the number of people from across on these visas, so I am not ready to accept that there is an influx of people from across."
Besides Octroi, Singh also visited the border outposts in Suchetgarh and Abdullian and reviewed the security situation in these forward areas in the aftermath of the series of ceasefire violations by Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt