HC for winding up probe into Army robbery case
Jorhat: The Gauhati High Court has ordered both police and Army to wind up their respective investigations into the alleged robbery by four Army personnel in a house here on December 21, 2010.
The certified copy of the court order available here yesterday asked both the police and army to complete their investigations by January 21.
The Division Bench of the Court comprising Justices Anima Hazarika and Amitabh Roy in its order passed on November 16 also directed police in Jorhat to proceed with its investigations against 11 others allegedly involved in the incident.
The court further asked the victim`s family to depose at Jorhat police station for the Army court of inquiry.
Surajit Gogoi`s family had filed a police case that four Army personnel, including a woman Army officer, had broken into his house at Rowria Tin-Ali, under Jorhat Police Station, and looted goods worth over Rs 1 crore on the night of December 21, 2010.
The police registered a dacoity case under Section 395/397 of IPC and had interrogated several Army personnel allegedly involved in the case.
The four Army personnel from the Rangapahar Military Station in neighbouring Nagaland`s Dimapur were identified by the victim`s family during legal proceedings at Jorhat Military Station later as per instructions from the Eastern Command Army Headquarters.
Gogoi had also appealed to the High Court seeking justice and demanded that the army return the valuables taken away from his residence.
Admitting the case on May 18 this year, the Court had directed Army`s 3 Corps Headquarters in Dimapur to file an affidavit detailing the dacoity case in Jorhat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015