HC orders HRD ministry to pay Rs 10 lakh to girl
Agartala: The Guwahati High Court has ordered
the Union Human Resources Development Ministry to pay a compensation of Rs 10 lakh to a girl who was raped by her school principal in Tripura.
Justice Arun Chandra Upadhyay of Gauhati high court on
Friday ordered a compensation of Rs 10 lakh while hearing a
petition jointly filed by the girl`s family and the Tripura`s
Women`s Commission seeking a compensation of Rs 50 lakh from the Union Human Resources Development ministry.
The girl was a student of class eight at Jawahar Navodaya
Vidyalaya at Kakraban in South Tripura district when she was
raped by her school principal, H S Tiwari in 1998.
The girl had delivered a baby after she was raped by
Tiwari is now serving a life term in jail as the Gauhati
high court in June 2005 has upheld the life sentence awarded
to him by the district and sessions court of South Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS