Heat wave continues in Assam, CM reviews situation
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Monday reviewed the unprecedented heat wave situation affecting the state for the last few weeks in the wake of scanty rainfall, and asked officials to come up with measures to mitigate the problem.
Gogoi asked the agriculture department to draw up a plan if the situation arising out of low rainfall persists in the state.
He also directed the power department to take immediate measures to improve the power situation by procuring additional electricity from other sources.
The chief minister also instructed the departments of irrigation and public health engineering to take steps to deal with the situation arising out of low rainfall.
He asked Chief Secretary Jitesh Khosla to monitor the situation and brief him at regular intervals.
Most places in Assam, including main city Guwahati, has been reeling under a severe heat wave condition, and recording maximum temperatures of over 40 degrees Celsius since last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali