Heat wave continues in Assam, CM reviews situation
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Monday reviewed the unprecedented heat wave situation affecting the state for the last few weeks in the wake of scanty rainfall, and asked officials to come up with measures to mitigate the problem.
Gogoi asked the agriculture department to draw up a plan if the situation arising out of low rainfall persists in the state.
He also directed the power department to take immediate measures to improve the power situation by procuring additional electricity from other sources.
The chief minister also instructed the departments of irrigation and public health engineering to take steps to deal with the situation arising out of low rainfall.
He asked Chief Secretary Jitesh Khosla to monitor the situation and brief him at regular intervals.
Most places in Assam, including main city Guwahati, has been reeling under a severe heat wave condition, and recording maximum temperatures of over 40 degrees Celsius since last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam