Heat wave continues in Assam, CM reviews situation
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Monday reviewed the unprecedented heat wave situation affecting the state for the last few weeks in the wake of scanty rainfall, and asked officials to come up with measures to mitigate the problem.
Gogoi asked the agriculture department to draw up a plan if the situation arising out of low rainfall persists in the state.
He also directed the power department to take immediate measures to improve the power situation by procuring additional electricity from other sources.
The chief minister also instructed the departments of irrigation and public health engineering to take steps to deal with the situation arising out of low rainfall.
He asked Chief Secretary Jitesh Khosla to monitor the situation and brief him at regular intervals.
Most places in Assam, including main city Guwahati, has been reeling under a severe heat wave condition, and recording maximum temperatures of over 40 degrees Celsius since last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested