Heroin worth Rs 1 cr seized in Silchar
Silchar: At least 550 grams of heroin, worth an estimated Rs one crore in the street market, was seized by BSF from two persons in a hotel in Assam`s Silchar town on Sunday, official sources said.
On a tip off, BSF personnel recovered the contraband from the two persons staying in a room of the hotel, the sources said.
They were identified as Oinam Singh from Manipur and Saijjudin Laskar from Karimganj district.
The duo allegedly confessed having brought the heroin from Myanmar via Moreh in Manipur to sell the contraband to drug dealers in Silchar, situated along the Indo-Bangladesh border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NEET: Centre's Ordinance gets President's nod
- Delhi's fruits and vegetables lack essential nutrients: AIIMS study
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- NEET not deferred but implemented from May 1, President's nod has given it statutory support: JP Nadda
- Monsanto jumps 7% on withdrawal of Bt cotton notification
- Rajnath Singh vows to bring Dawood Ibrahim back to India, adds no threat from Islamic State
- Three injured in girder collapse at Rapid Metro under-construction site in Gurgaon
- Rio medal winners to be considered for Khel Ratna, Arjuna