Heroin worth Rs 1 cr seized in Silchar
Silchar: At least 550 grams of heroin, worth an estimated Rs one crore in the street market, was seized by BSF from two persons in a hotel in Assam`s Silchar town on Sunday, official sources said.
On a tip off, BSF personnel recovered the contraband from the two persons staying in a room of the hotel, the sources said.
They were identified as Oinam Singh from Manipur and Saijjudin Laskar from Karimganj district.
The duo allegedly confessed having brought the heroin from Myanmar via Moreh in Manipur to sell the contraband to drug dealers in Silchar, situated along the Indo-Bangladesh border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown