Heroin worth Rs 1 cr seized in Silchar
Silchar: At least 550 grams of heroin, worth an estimated Rs one crore in the street market, was seized by BSF from two persons in a hotel in Assam`s Silchar town on Sunday, official sources said.
On a tip off, BSF personnel recovered the contraband from the two persons staying in a room of the hotel, the sources said.
They were identified as Oinam Singh from Manipur and Saijjudin Laskar from Karimganj district.
The duo allegedly confessed having brought the heroin from Myanmar via Moreh in Manipur to sell the contraband to drug dealers in Silchar, situated along the Indo-Bangladesh border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II