Huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered in Assam
Diphu: A huge cache of arms, including sophisticated weapons, belonging to insurgent Kuki Revolutionary Army (KRA) has been unearthed by police on Thursday in central Assam`s Karbi Anglong district.
"Based on intelligence reports, the police launched an operation in Singhasan Hill area and found the arms and ammunition buried underground at Klumphai of Saijang," Superintendent of Police BB Chetri told a news agency.
Two M-16 rifles with two magazines, one SBBL gun, a .22 rifle and a .32 rifle with one magazine each were recovered, he said.
Claiming it to be a major achievement, Chetri said police had been keeping a close watch on KRA and an operation was being carried in the area since the last few days.
After the Manipur-based KRA operating in the district and local United Kuki Defence Army surrendered before the Central and Assam governments in January, official sources said there was conflict between the two groups.
The KRA planned to form a new outfit and was bringing in arms and ammunition from Manipur and burying them in the area for use later, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog