Huge quantities of explosives seized, two arrested
Karimganj: Huge quantities of explosives have been seized and two persons arrested in Assam`s Cachar district on Saturday, police said.
During routine patrolling, police seized the explosives and arrested the duo from Joypur area under Lakhipur police station.
The police seized 600 gelatin sticks, 340 electronic detonators, 2,300 non-electronic detonator and 192 metre long fuse wire.
The arrested duo claimed that they were taking the explosives to Tamenglong for blasting rock-hill but the police suspect that the consignment was actually meant for supplying it to Naga militants in Manipur, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...