Huge quantities of explosives seized, two arrested
Karimganj: Huge quantities of explosives have been seized and two persons arrested in Assam`s Cachar district on Saturday, police said.
During routine patrolling, police seized the explosives and arrested the duo from Joypur area under Lakhipur police station.
The police seized 600 gelatin sticks, 340 electronic detonators, 2,300 non-electronic detonator and 192 metre long fuse wire.
The arrested duo claimed that they were taking the explosives to Tamenglong for blasting rock-hill but the police suspect that the consignment was actually meant for supplying it to Naga militants in Manipur, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed