Huge quantities of explosives seized, two arrested
Karimganj: Huge quantities of explosives have been seized and two persons arrested in Assam`s Cachar district on Saturday, police said.
During routine patrolling, police seized the explosives and arrested the duo from Joypur area under Lakhipur police station.
The police seized 600 gelatin sticks, 340 electronic detonators, 2,300 non-electronic detonator and 192 metre long fuse wire.
The arrested duo claimed that they were taking the explosives to Tamenglong for blasting rock-hill but the police suspect that the consignment was actually meant for supplying it to Naga militants in Manipur, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say