Huge quantities of explosives seized, two arrested
Karimganj: Huge quantities of explosives have been seized and two persons arrested in Assam`s Cachar district on Saturday, police said.
During routine patrolling, police seized the explosives and arrested the duo from Joypur area under Lakhipur police station.
The police seized 600 gelatin sticks, 340 electronic detonators, 2,300 non-electronic detonator and 192 metre long fuse wire.
The arrested duo claimed that they were taking the explosives to Tamenglong for blasting rock-hill but the police suspect that the consignment was actually meant for supplying it to Naga militants in Manipur, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University